It’s official! All my friends love this curry recipe. It’s become a staple in my own house, I’ve explored making it several times before perfection. Must give credit to finding it in Vegan Health & Fitness Vol. 6, Issue 5 where I learned from the cover page that the main guy from The Misfits is vegan!
The main ingredients you’ll need is 1 package of extra firm cubed tofu and 4 cups of brown rice. Avoid white rice as it is highly processed and digests into mostly pure sugar.
The veggies: I always recommend organic when possible. The soil integrity of organic are much more nutritious (which is the whole point of eating healthy)! Plus you are voting with your dollar that consumers want environmentally sustainable ingredients.
- 1 large onion
- 2 large carrots
- 1 cup chopped green cabbage
- 1.5 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1.5 cups finely diced pineapple (canned is fine)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 1 Tbs red curry paste
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Brown rice will take about 45min to cook
- While rice is cooking, wash and prep all the veggies as listed above.
- Large saucepan, medium heat, start by cooking onion in a little vegetable stock 3-min, until translucent
- Add tofu in the same large saucepan and cook 2-3min
- Add and fold/stir the rest of vegetable stock, curry paste and powder, and peanut butter.
- Add all the vegetables, sprinkle black pepper. Cover and cook for 10min, I don’t recommend over cooking as you will lose some of the beneficial enzymes.
- Stir in coconut milk and warm for a minute. Top with fresh basil.
Follow these directions thoroughly and you will have many (5) delicious servings of warming and comforting healthy dinners ahead!